Pop culture, marketing and me

I think pop culture and marketing are interrelated, and I am in between of that. So, this blog is a space for me to put down my observations.

22 January 2006

Discovering my soft side with flower arrangement class

This year I celebrated my birthday in a new way, by taking flower arrangement lesson. Oh convinced me to take the lesson with her. And having been an amateur on this field for quite some time myself, I agreed.

We took the lesson with P' Orm, Ormkwan Sanasen. She's an up-and-coming flower arranger. And we went to Park Nailert for it. (I'll have to write about shops in Park Nailert seperately later.) The class took a bit longer than half a day, and it was lots of fun. I discovered an activity I really enjoy and really want to continue, though not certain which venue it's gonna be.

Nowadays classes like flower arrangement are becoming more popular. In Bangkok, you can find such classes as creating soaps, candles, painting, etc very easily. In the post-modern era, life's got to be not just about work (according to...well...someone who set the trend), so the concept of do-it-yourself is 'in' now. And these classes prosper. People seek for new knowledge more, indulge themselves more, travel more -- in short, spend more.

I, for one, would never be able to open a florist shop. But I did pay quite an amount to study this 1-day flower arrangement class, at will too. I felt that at least I did something beyond work & work & work, at least I gave myself a shot at something I also wanted to pursue, though not professionally. And now I feel that I spent money wisely, knowing someone is laughing and disagreeing with me. Oh well...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger markinthai1968 said…

    I have use Ormkwan for flowers before and just wanted to point out that her official site is www.ormkwan.com

    The site you have linked to has nothing to do with her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home