Pop culture, marketing and me

I think pop culture and marketing are interrelated, and I am in between of that. So, this blog is a space for me to put down my observations.

27 December 2005

Owning an iPod Video in Thailand

I've been with my new iPod (a.k.a. nong iVy) for 3 weeks now. Of course, I'm a strong supporter of iPod. But I never realized that the iPod community is so big here in Thailand. It's clearly a bandwagon that many late adopters now are catching. I don't really care about the thought that it's no longer unique. Everybody owns one. So what? That's just great since that means there'll be more iPod-specific products coming out, which means more choices.

So if you recently bought an iPod Video, read through this post coz I'll share with you the interesting stuff online for your beloved iPod. Here you go:-

As you may know, iPod doesn't support Thai language. And that's such a pain... I do not recommend changing the names into English karaoke. If you have any iPod but Video, you can download a hack that enables you to read Thai at
pubble's blog. This guy is a genius. But even a genius like himself still cannot figure out how to hack the Video. If you look at the post, you'll notice some hundred miserable iPod Video owners waiting for him to come up with the hack. But now there's a petition to Apple to create Thai fonts for iPod (legally)! So, let's. Just go to the petition page and show your voice. There's only 45 voices so far.

Next is to protect your iPod from scratches. I recommend going to Fortune IT city to get the clear sticker pasted on your entire iPod body. I got the one that came with the silicon case. And it cost me just 700 baht.

Or if you fantasize something cooler, check out
vaja cases. It's got tailor-made leather iPod cases, as well as other gadget cases. I'm getting this model called iVolution with blue and black leather. Cute, isn't it? The price tag isn't so cute though.

Or if that isn't cool enough,
Coach and Kate Spade came out with cute cases, but only for the Mini and the 4th gens. So, the Nano & Video owners will have to wait.

What else do you need? You should get a software that converts other video formats to iPod format. I'm not telling you which ones and how to get them coz I got them the cheap way :) But you can check out at
www.thaiipod.net .

That should get you going. And enjoy the iPod way of breezing through your music collection. I'll get back to my nong iVy now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home