Pop culture, marketing and me

I think pop culture and marketing are interrelated, and I am in between of that. So, this blog is a space for me to put down my observations.

11 December 2005

charlie and the chocolate factory

I just watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today, starring Johnny Depp and that kid from Finding Neverland. It's got Tim Burton's signature splashed all over the movie, but at a much softer level. It's got that sarcastic jokes and it's pretty dark at times. But it's easy to get the messages he tries to leave behind. All the kids could easily enjoy the movie without parents choking up on the cynical world Burton creates.

Depp is brilliant, as always. Unlike many friends of mine, I find Depp not so handsome or attractive. But he's sure a great, great actor. He impressed me so much in Finding Neverland, and now, Charlie. Keep up good job Johnny!

Now this makes me wanna see Corpse Bride. Burton & Depp tack team is a sure thing. As for those 5 kids in Charlie, that agressive, "I know everything", "grown-ups are so stupid" is my favorite. It's a pity his ending is too easy for an ingenious kid like himself!

If anyone thinks kids movies are for kids, you prob havent watched 'Charlie' and 'Finding Neverland'. I suggest you go watch these two and think again.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger khunnai said…

    Yep I heard about Narnia too. Will definitely watch it. But it's such a classic that I would defer my reading till I'm ready, hahaha. The tone is different thou. Charlie isn't as opstimistic as Narnia (I guess since I never read Narnia).

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home